The best way to keep your business data is to have preventitive measures in place. This will help you to avoid costly data compromises. In the event your business data is breeched, having a rock-solid backup is very important to allow for a speedy recovery.
Are these five items addressed at your company?
- Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication to ensure only authorized users can access your data.
- Keep your operating systems and software up to date with most recent security updates and patches.
- Train your employees on security best practices…like how to avoid phishing scams and how to use secure passwords.
- Use anti-viruse and anti-malware software and keep it updated.
- Backup your data REGULARLY. The best way to do that is with an automated system that backs up both locally and to an off-site location.
If you have any questions about this, please let us know…we can help you keep your systems protected, secure and accessible.
Need a quote on an IT service provider? Please call us: 800-914-1808 EXT 707.